Alongside the digital picture series ‘Migration Flags’ and the participatory project of ‘Flag Metamorphoses’ of Flash animated national flags, the artist is exhibiting two multimedia work complexes dedicated to the cult films ‘The Matrix’ and ‘Terminator 2 – Judgement Day’. Myriam Thyes who was born in Luxembourg, grew up in Switzerland and now lives in Dusseldorf here investigates the underlying figure constellations and psychology under the ethos of the religious-cultural mythology and symbolism at work in these movies.
- Press Release Kunstverein Rhein-Sieg, PDF (233 kb, German).
- Invitation to Finissage, PDF (182 kb, German).
- Pumpwerk Siegburg, exhibition information, PDF (131 kb, German).
- Opening talk of Harald Uhr, May 2009, PDF (31 kb, German).
- Press article Kölner Stadtanzeiger, Rhein-Sieg, 9.6.2009, by Petra Römer-Westarp (link to archive of Myriam Thyes)
- Press article Bonner General-Anzeiger, 3.8.2009, von Ingo Eisner (link to archive of Myriam Thyes)
Kunstverein für den Rhein-Sieg-Kreis
Bonner Str. 65
- Flag Metamorphoses (link to project website) (2005-2014)
- Instant Salvation (link to archive) (2002)
- Migration Flags (link to archive) (2005-2007)
- Patagonia - no network in paradise (2007 / 2009)
- Restoration (link to archive) (1996 / 2008)
- Sarah (link to archive) (1995 / 2002)
- Virtual Therapy (link to archive) (2007)