DEPRESSION MARQUIS (2009, 2:23): The glass elevator at the luxurious hotel Marriott Marquis in New York rides down – the long ride ends in glacier ice. A metaphor for depressions which can affect people living in abundance.
ASCENSION (2004, 1:11): The glass elevator at the luxurious hotel Marriott Marquis in New York brings you to “heaven” … We are brought up and tought to strive for higher things – success, wealth, honour, and/or spiritual enlightenment. ASCENSION shows – in a brief and ironic way – this aspiration and its compensation.
In the video diptych or 2 channel installation, the elevator rides in opposite directions. Ascension is running twice during one presentation of Depression Marquis.
ASCENSION has been part of videoDictionary since 2004, and in this context the video has been screened and exhibited several times internationally.
Festivals and Awards
- 2006 Kinofilm, Manchester Int. Short Film Festival, Manchester, UK
- 2006 Dérapage, Montreal, CA
- 2005 Media Art Festival Friesland, Leeuwarden, NL
- 2005 Depict! Award for ASCENSION @ Encounters Short Film Festival, Bristol, UK
- 2005 Media Forum, MediaArtLab @ Moscow Intl. Film Festival, Moscow, RU
- Work description, PDF (EN, 572 KB)
Motion To Space
Group ExhibitionGalleria Milano + Istituto SvizzeroMilanItaly14.01.2015 – 15.02.2015
Videolounge of the imai Foundation
Group ExhibitionMuseum BaerengasseZurichSwitzerland08.02.2013 – 24.03.2013
Enigma della Modernità
Group ExhibitionSpazio OfficinaChiassoSwitzerland02.03.2012 – 05.04.2012
Solo ExhibitionPRAXIS Projektatelier StaabKölnGermany06.11.2009 – 14.11.2009