Video recordings from Zurich, each arranged with four scenes like: sunbathers at a canal; celebrating a soccer World Cup victory; watching TV at Café Odeon; the busy commuter railway station Hardbrücke; a traffic policewoman and a fountain; the ‚Prime Tower‘ high-rise building; scaffolders at a facade; crowds at Zurich Central Station; water birds on Lake Zurich; a candy shop on the famous Bahnhofstrasse … Urban everyday life in a highly efficient, blithesome, rich, small cosmopolitan city. Every now and then, an Alien* appears – as a symbol for everything that is being suppressed.
*The character Alien, from the movies of the same title, was created by the Swiss artist H. R. Giger who lived and worked in Zurich.
Festivals and Awards
- 2022, Mar. 5-10 Filmysea Intl. Film Festival, IN
- 2022, Feb. 17 Best Editing @ Film City Virtual Film Festival, Kolkata, IN
- 2022, Feb. 4 Best Experimental @ Twilight Tokyo Film Festival, Tokyo, JP
- 2022, Jan. 31 Best Experimental @ Andromeda Film Festival, Istanbul, TR
- 2021, 12 Best Short Doc @ Dramatica Film Festival, Barcelona, ES
- 2021, 12 Best Experimental @ Virgin Spring Cinefest, Kolkata, IN
- 2021, 11 Jury Special Award @ Golden Wheat Awards, Istanbul, TR
- 2021, 7 Special Mention @ Red Dragon Creative Awards, Dallas, US
- 2021, 7 Neubau Zeitgemäßer Kunst, Dresden, DE
- 2021, 6 Fine Arts Film Festival, Venice (CA), US
- 2021, 6 Best Editing @ Amsterdam World Intl. Film Festival, Amsterdam, NL
- 2021, 6 Near Nazareth Festival, IL
- 2021, 4 Prague Intl. Monthly Film Festival, Prague, CZ
- 2021, 4 Kosice Intl. Monthly Film Festival, Kosice, SK
- Work description, PDF (2 Mb).